Back when I started using DAZ Studio, people kept mentioning Poser. The renders I saw were often better than what I could produce with DAZ Studio back in the day, long before Iray came to town. Content used to be fully compatible between the two apps, so I got myself a cheap copy of Poser 7 and followed its journey for a few years.
My personal Highlights included the Cloth Room, its fantastic Morph Brush, integration with game engines and the plethora of content that was once popular. Today these two apps are fierce competitors, which has lead to a nasty split in its once unified user base.
Back when I used it, I wrote 18 articles about Poser for this site.
Here's a list of every single one.If you prefer a view with teaser content and pictures, take a look at the Poser Archives.
- How to delete all keyframes of your animation in Poser and DAZ Studio
- How to create a Smart Prop in Poser
- How to create Poser Companion Files in DAZ Studio
- How to install 3D Content from a ZIP Archive on Mac OS X
- How to fix poke through in Poser with the Morphing Tool
- How to use the Wardrobe Wizard in Poser
- How to reload image textures in Poser
- How to apply Materials across all parts of an object in Poser
- Getting started with Bullet Physics in Poser
- How to create primitives in Poser
- How to remove old renders in Poser
- Directory Structure of a Poser Runtime
- How to rotate around selected objects in Poser
- How to use Motion Blur in Poser
- Rough Guide to Poser Pro Render Settings
- Navigating 3D Space on Microsoft Surface Pro
- How to remove empty folders from your Poser Library
- How to upgrade Poser Pro 2014 to Poser Game Dev