Julia came across Marvelous Designer 3 once when we were trying to make 3D clothing together. I loved its cloth draping algorithm despite its other shortcomings and delved deeper into how it could be used to drape existing clothing, especially for use with animations.
I took a break from it after version 6 and only recently got back into it with version 10, so perhaps more articles may appear here in the future.
So far I've written 21 articles about Marvelous Designer.
Here's a list of every single one.If you prefer a view with teaser content and pictures, take a look at the Marvelous Archives.
- How to flip imported Normal Maps in Substance Painter
- How to remove Graphic Trims from Pattern Pieces in Marvelous Designer
- Mixamo to DAZ Studio to Marvelous Designer and back
- How to use the Slash and Spread tool to add fullness in Marvelous Designer
- What is Turned Sewing in Marvelous Designer and when do we use it
- How to bring back the Measuring Tool Icon in Marvelous Designer
- How to create a Dart on the outside edge of a pattern in Marvelous Designer
- Importing animations from Marvelous Designer into Blender
- How to change the distance between the garment and avatar in Marvelous Designer
- Creating points at intersections with internal lines in Marvelous Designer
- How to trace patterns in Marvelous Designer
- How to fit DAZ Clothing using Marvelous Designer
- How to download previous versions of Marvelous Designer
- How to create a pillow in Marvelous Designer
- How to create symmetric patterns in Marvelous Designer
- Skeleton at the Graveyard
- How to export garment animations from Marvelous Designer for use in DAZ Studio
- How to export animations from DAZ Studio for use in Marvelous Designer
- How to export a garment from Marvelous Designer
- How to import DAZ characters into Marvelous Designer
- Navigating 2D and 3D Space in Marvelous Designer
I’ve made several surprisingly popular videos about Marvelous Designer a few years ago. They’re not many, and perhaps not particularly cutting edge anymore, but I thought they deserve to be features somewhere. Enjoy!