Carrara was one of those amazing all-in-one 3D apps that can do anything from modelling to animation, from landscaping procedural shader generation, and literally everything in between. It hasn’t seen a real update since 2008, and I guess by now the ship has sailed for it to ever regain any popularity.
Still, I love what it can do, and I’m not ashamed to say that Carrara’s advanced features got me started in 3D and have me fascinated to this day. I don’t use it much anymore, simply because there are better ways to get things done today.
In my time I've written 24 Carrara articles for this site.
Here's a list of every single one.If you prefer a view with teaser content and pictures, take a look at the Carrara Archives.
- Creating Animated Fog with Carrara – 3D Shenanigans #14
- What is a Shader Browser
- My new HP Z600 Workstation
- How to suppress the “Incoming Network Connections” Dialogue for DAZ Apps on your Mac
- How to animate clouds in Carrara
- How to lock objects in Carrara
- How to use sunlight and moonlight in Carrara
- How to disable Image Grids in Carrara
- Skeleton at the Graveyard
- How to install Carrara 8.5 in Mac OS X Yosemite
- How to edit 3rd Party Vertex Objects in Carrara
- Creating a waving flag in Carrara using Soft Body Modifiers
- How to use Replicators and Surface Replicators in Carrara
- How to show the sun and the moon in Carrara
- Creating Morph Targets in Carrara
- Hexagon Features in Carrara
- How to close a Vertex Object in Carrara
- Creating Motion Paths in Carrara
- Navigating 3D Space on Microsoft Surface Pro
- Using the Physics Engine in Carrara
- Using Image Based Lighting (IBL) in Carrara
- How to navigate 3D space in Hexagon and Carrara
- Business Cards
- New Logo for www.oliverspanuth.com